We have been celebrating apprenticeship week here at eyebright, having previously employed many apprentices. We would like to introduce one of our amazing past apprentices, Caitlin. Having been with us for 5 years she has progressed tremendously, achieving SVQ qualifications in Business Administration, Marketing and Management.
Here is a little bit more about Caitlin
- Did you go straight into your Apprenticeship from school?No I had a part time job for a couple years after school but then decided I wanted a career in the business world.
- Why did you choose to do an Apprenticeship? I wanted to gain a qualification whilst earning an income and have the ability to work my way up within a reputable organisation.
- How did you find out about your Apprenticeship? I had registered with a company called Microcom who made me aware of the available position within eyebright and I applied through them.
- What have you gained from your Apprenticeship – skills, experience etc.?Through achieving 3 SVQ qualifications in Business Administration, Marketing and Management, I have gained many skills in each of these sectors which I am able to apply daily within my role. Within my 5 years at eyebright, I have gained a lot of experience in successful team management, admin, customer service, accounting, problem solving and account management – and most importantly my confidence has grown massively!
- What has been your proudest moment so far from doing your Apprenticeship? Being able to work my way up in the organisation starting from an Administration Apprentice to an Operations Manager has to be one of my proudest moments. Watching my team members follow my footsteps and complete their own apprenticeships and achieve SVQ qualifications has also been very rewarding. We are now helping our clients go green with everything from green tariffs, to electric vehicle charging points, renewables and battery storage. Day to day in my role, I get a sense of achievement when we secure savings for our partners’ clients – we have saved individual businesses up to £120,000 and across the team collective savings run in to the millions.
To find out more about opportunities here at eyebright, follow the link here.