We have been celebrating apprenticeship week here at eyebright, having previously employed many apprentices. We would like to introduce one of our amazing apprentices, Ailie, who after only 2 years has already achieved an award in Business and Administration, SCQF Level 6. She is Currently studying a Graduate Apprenticeship in Business Management at Strathclyde University.
Here is a little bit more about Ailie
- Did you go straight into your Apprenticeship from school? No, I started college studying Biomedical Science but dropped out 5 months in and found an apprenticeship at eyebright through Skills Development Scotland/Microcom.
- Why did you choose to do an Apprenticeship? Found it more rewarding than any other avenues available to me, waitressing or part-time work etc., and gave me a better career path for the long term. Doing the graduate apprentice is also helping me expand my knowledge of the business world and learn new skills and concepts through this to apply to my every-day working tasks and new projects within my job.
- How did you find out about your Apprenticeship? Through Skills Development Scotland then Microcom for my modern apprenticeship and Jamie found the graduate apprentice programme at Edinburgh University first and then we found out Strathclyde also offered this so opted to apply for that programme over any others due to Strathclyde’s stature in the business school community.
- What have you gained from your Apprenticeship – skills, experience etc.? Multiple skills that I get to use on a daily basis in the work place and I’ve now gained two years of experience working within my organisation as well as now working towards an honours degree in Business Management.
- What has been your proudest moment so far from doing your Apprenticeship? Being able to enter a university course with the knowledge and experience gained from my modern apprenticeship and working for eyebright has been my best achievement so far, and also using all of these elements to become a manager and train my own assistant. Also, I have found it rewarding to help with colleagues in the office and my own partners learning of the energy market and upskilling myself in new products and developments in our sector.
To find out more about opportunities here at eyebright, follow the link here.